- The party continued toward the Rock, stopping briefly at Al Tuna to woo some nobles and convince them to donate some fancy weapons to the cause.
- Upon arriving at the Rock, they discovered that the harbour and surrounding area were shrouded in a dense fog.
- A flock of Kenku loitered at the top of the rock, but it was otherwise deserted.
- They set off into the fog in their rowboat and soon discovered that the boat was quickly starting to rot! Eglath paddled his hardest and windy blew them to shore just in time for the boat to fall to pieces.
- Everything they had which was made of wood, leather, cloth, paper or hide, as well as their food, was completely rotten. Fortunately, the magical items were not affected by the fog.
- They walked around the north side of the wall, which was a sheer cliff. At the far end was a guarded wall. They spotted a hole halfway up the cliff and decided that was their best chance.
- Eglath scaled the wall without trouble; Merl and Nazem convinced the Kenku to carry them up for a fee. Dayereth climbed most of the way up, but slipped and fell gracefully to the ground, thanks to his Kenku cloak. The Kenku complimented it as they took his fee and carried him up.
- At the top, they encountered three undead pirates manning a gun battery. A woman was trying to convince one of the pirates to take a blood test.
- They were standing awfully close to the powder kegs, so they exploded quite easily. The woman, not quite dead, took her own life upon the threat to bring her to Barbotto. She had some crushed glass syringes and a slip of paper that read “BLOOD TEST” in red handwriting